I have learned that action research can occur in several different educational settings. One teacher has the capability to conduct an action research to solve a problem that is occurring in the classroom, such as, classroom management, effective teaching strategies, or parent involvement. There could be a team of teachers on the same grade level or department wanting to research a common problem, such as, curriculum, student learning, or effective materials. Action research could also be carried out by a team of teachers and principals focusing on a school-wide problem, such as, parental involvement or problems dealing with students' performances on state mandated tests. Now that I have this knowledge on action research, I can see its endless use applied at my own school. In my own classroom, I could conduct an action research which would deal with parent involvement. I am a 4th grade Special Education and it is difficult for me to inspire my parents to participate more in their child's learning. This action research would help me gain knowledge of my own parental involvement strategies that I am now using because these strategies are not effective. The third and fourth grade teachers could utilize action research to help analyze why the math scores on the TAKS test have been faltering the last several years. This would enable the teachers to open up the communciation lines between grade levels. Hopefully this coming school year my school will undertake an action research project.
No comments:
Post a Comment