Sunday, March 20, 2011

Web Conferencing

Wow! What a great experience! I actually attended several web conferences during this course in order to fully get my feet wet in the experience. During the first web conference, I didn't actually participate. I just sat back to listen and read comments. I have to admit I did not realize so much information exchanged hands. I soaked everything up. Going into my next web conference, I was ready with my questions. Every question that I asked, several people were able to answer. I was totally impressed. I even jumped in and answered several, since I was braver. I'm very thankful that web conferncing was mandatory for this course; otherwise I would not have participated. Now, I can't stop talking about it!The application of web conferencing is endless. At present, one of my students is homebound. I am in the process of trying to arrange a web conference with him. I have to go through several steps to do this, but I am committed in seeing it through. Web conferencing is definitely a teaching and learning tool for teachers and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment